How is a breast reduction or lifting done ?
There are many technical variations .All serve the same purpose
- A round shape
- Skin tightly stretched
- Good projection of the nipple and areola
- Nipples at normal hight
- Areola reduced to normal
- Adequate volume
- number and length of scars limited
- Physiology of the breast respected
- Sensitivity to the nipple and areola
- Ability to breast feed
- All this without compromising the blood supply
Length of scars will depend on the size of the breast
- In case of lifting, scars are limited : around the areola en a vertical line from the lower pole of the breast to the inframammary crease.
- In case of a large breast reduction, the same scars as in lifting + a scar in the inframammary crease.
On the site of dr.Hall Findlay you can find two a very interesting PDF Brochures, one about Breast reduction, the other about Breast pexy.
This is a drawing of a recently developed technique by Dr.Hall-Findlay